PREVENT Ox 60 tablets
Fights damage caused by free radicals
Against oxidative stress and to fight damage caused by both free radicals and by cell ageing with a natural antioxidant action.
Pollution, stress, UV radiation, wrong dietary habits and intensive sports activities can increase the production of free radicals that damage cells, thus altering correct function of the body.
Condition caused by excessive production of free radicals on the part of the body, which is unable to dispose of them anymore.
Free radicals are normally formed in the cellular respiration processes, and are a defence tool the immune system uses against pathogens, such as viruses and bacteria. However, when their formation becomes excessive, they can be extremely destructive and attack the basic components of cells, such as lipids, proteins and DNA.
Antioxidants are molecules that can either hinder or prevent the oxidation of:
- nucleic acids (DNA);
caused by free radicals, which damages cellular structures and causes early ageing.
Dosage 1-2 tablets a day
A cofactor of vital importance for cells in the human body.
Alpha Lipoic Acid possesses:
- direct antioxidant properties that protect the body against intracellular and extracellular free radicals;
- indirect antioxidant properties, which are important for the regeneration of other antioxidants, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and Glutathione;
- chelating properties against heavy metals, such as mercury and lead;
- metabolic activities that are especially important because they optimise the oxidative metabolism of sugars;
- Indeed, it is widely known that the oxidation of small LDL particles is one of the main risk factors for atherosclerotic diseases, precisely for the formation of the much feared atheromatous plaque.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is successfully used especially as an antioxidant in case of diabetes and its complications (such as diabetic neuropathy), dyslipidaemias, atherosclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases and ischaemic damage.
Breve ripasso di chimica organica
VITAMIN E – alpha-Tocopherol
- The antioxidant vitamin par excellence, it has a protective action especially for cell membranes. It captures free radicals and destroys them before they can cause damage.
- Several studies have associated the antioxidant effect of vitamin E with its potential preventive role in degenerative diseases, such as cancer, atherosclerosis, etc.
- It is found in cereal sprouts, cold pressed oils (soy, sunflower, peanut and olive), dried fruit and egg yolk, liver, fat, butter and milk.
Polyphenol present on the skin of black grapes.
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and protective action against cardiovascular diseases. Slows down tumours, reduces the quantity of cholesterol present in the blood and is important for the skin.
- Anti-ageing effect on skin: by stimulating collagen production, it helps to restore tone and sheen, and also to fight the signs of ageing.
- Antioxidant action: by inhibiting lipid peroxidation of low density lipoproteins (LDL) and also by preventing the cytotoxicity of oxidised LDLs as a result of its remarkable chelating properties.
VITAMIN C - Ascorbic Acid
- Fights the formation of free radicals with its powerful antioxidant action.
- Must be taken with the diet because the human body is unable to synthesise it.
- Abundant in citrus fruit, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries and cherries, and in vegetables, such as spinach, broccoli, lettuce, bell peppers and potatoes.